Today in the Scrub Me Down Kitchen, we have 4.2kg of Summer Silk Body and Hand Lotion cooling at the moment. We’re going to scent them in Lily of the Valley and Vanilla. And yesterday we made some Casa de Margarita (tip of the hat to my favourite vacation spot in Mexico) and some White Gardenia. I’m trying to think of how to colour them. Of course the Margarita is a very light/pale pastel green. But the others really should be white. I was scratching my head like crazy when I realized, only we would really know as we’re the ones who keep them in stock! Duh!
Once those suckers are bottled and tucked away, we are beginning our mask line.
Which means I get to spend most of the day in a dust mask as breathing in all those clays and powders would just be really not good. We are going to start with two different types of masks for the most common skin issues.
- oily and acne prone
- hydration and brightening
Our plan is to sell an individual mask in a bag. A one time mask if you will. We’ve been asked to do it this way so if you go on a trip, you don’t need to worry about bringing a huge tub of mask with you. And, if you are like me, you are pretty lazy and you can just add your liquid to the baggie, squish it all up, snip off a wee corner and squeeze the mask to apply directly to the face.
Ah. Laziness at its finest!
- Deep Clean: French Green Clay, Kaolin Clay, Zinc Oxide, Calcium Carbonate, Moringa Extract, Sea Buckthorn Extract, Green Tea.
- Hydration and Brightening: Kaolin Clay, French Green Clay, Moringa Extract, Orange Peel Extract, Banana Extract, Bamboo Extract, Honey Powder, Silk.
How to use?
- take your Baggie of Mask, open, add in 5 drops of your favourite essential oil (optional)
- ten drops of your favourite oil (evening primrose, sea buckthorn, moringa etc…) (optional)
- add 1tsp liquid of choice (water, teas, juices etc..) close bag and smoosh smoosh smoosh.
- if you think you need more liquid, add in more at 1/4tsp at a time until your favourite mask texture is reached.
- apply mask to a freshly washed face
- leave on till dry approx 10-20 minutes.
- once dry, take a wet wash cloth hold over your face for a moment, then wash the mask off.
- apply toner, and moisturize THIS IS NOT OPTIONAL.
- smile at your beautiful reflection!
What kind of mask do you use?